Your email has been sent!
The inspiration for this pattern comes from the many cultural and artistic influences that India has on the World. Colours play an important decorative and also symbolical role in everyday life in India:
- Yellow stands for sanctity, representing knowledge and acumen.
- Green equates to the harvest or a new beginning and it is a manifestation of God; it also symbolises peace and happiness.
- Blue is the colour of rivers, seas and the sky, also associated with Lord Krishna and other Gods.
- Pink is the colour of the beautiful city of Jaipur and stands for its hospitality. It is also the colour of a queen - rani.
- Gold - there is a great passion for gold in India.
We celebrate colour in our Indian pattern. Rich dyes combine with the sumptuous, lavish feel of this fabric. We weave the pattern into luxurious silks, a cotton upholstery version, an elegant silk blend and finally, our favourite, the vibrantly coloured and richly textured, India chenille. Most of these fabrics are reversible.