Your email has been sent!
Now that environmental and financial issues are on everybody’s mind, many are trying to take a more green and cost-effective approach to life. In an effort to support this, Protouch has brought its Xen kiosk production back to the UK from China in a bid to go Earth, customer and local business friendly. To produce such a sociable kiosk range there are two key actions which result in lots of benefits all round – 1, Manufacture locally and 2, Use ‘green’ products/materials.
Tom Quarry, MD at Protouch comments: “By manufacturing locally in the UK Protouch’s Xen kiosks have extremely low product miles, they are energy efficient without compromising on features, style or usability and help to maintain a positive future for UK manufacturing.”
He went on to say: “As Protouch manufactures in the UK and not China, our production costs have come down by 30%. The Pound has weakened against the Dollar and in turn we have been able to increase the quality of our product while maintaining the existing selling price, unlike other companies who still buy in Dollars.”
The Xen kiosk range key facts:
• Low cost
• Higher quality materials and finish – Finer steel, smooth & glossy paint, clean lines with no un-tidy hinges, fully integrated bezel
• Faster delivery to customers ordering bespoke units with different configurations.
Reduced carbon footprint due to:
• Very low product miles
• Green PC: Lenovo ThinkCentre PC –Energy Star 4.0 compliant and has up to 70% energy efficiency improvement compared to older generation PCs.
• Made from recyclable CR4 steel and all manufacturers’ steel off-cuts are recycled.
UK business benefits:
• Supports local UK manufacturing and employment in Camberley, Surrey.
• We have more control over the product